Note: You must be 18 years old or older to register as a customer of Mercer Tool.
If you have any questions, please e-mail our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at 800-221-5202. Our offices are open from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
What Information We Gather
We automatically track and collect the following information when you visit our Site:
- your forename and name;
- your email address;
- your postal address;
- your telephone number (landline and/or mobile);
- your customer ID number;
- your IP address (“Traffic Data”).
In order for you to register via the Site, we require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you. We receive and store any information you enter anywhere on the Site. For example, we may ask you to complete a registration form that asks for contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address). This information is collectively referred to as “Personal Information.” If you communicate with us by e-mail, or otherwise complete online forms, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
Traffic Data is helpful for marketing purposes and for improving your experience on the Site.
You may choose not to provide us with optional information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of many of the features on the Company’s Site. Additionally, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you request.
How We Use the Information We Gather
We undertake to collect only Personal Information that is relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
The collection and processing of your Personal Information is necessary for the performance of any pre-contractual measures and of any potential contract entered into between us (hereinafter the “Contract”). In addition, we collect Personal Information about you that is necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations and to defend our interests, including our rights in court.
The provision of Personal Information is required for the conclusion and performance of any potential Contract. If you fail to provide us with your Personal Information, we will not be able to respond favorably to your requests.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- responding to your requests;
- processing and filling customer orders;
- processing payments;
- improving our services;
- communicating with you;
- informing you of special offers and discounts;
- sending you free samples of new products or product brands different from those you usually order;
- developing high-performance and innovative products;
- carrying out analyses and statistics in order to adapt our commercial and logistical activities;
- complying with our legal obligations;
- managing a possible dispute between us;
- prepare for or implement a reorganization of any group assets or entities;
- executing our commitments in a secure environment.
We may provide your Personal Information to third parties to the extent necessary or desirable to send you fulfill promotional goods or literature. We may also share your Personal Information as described below. Except as provided herein, we will not release your Personal Information to a third party unless you have granted us permission to do so.
How We Use “Cookies”
The storage or reading of certain cookies does not require the prior collection of your consent, either because they do not process any Personal Information about you or because they are strictly necessary for the provision of the service you are requesting. The storage or reading of other cookies than those mentioned in the previous paragraph is impossible without your prior consent. You may, at any time, object to the storage or reading of cookies that we use, either by removing them from your devices, or by changing the settings of your browser, as described below.
We use the following cookies:
- Cookies strictly necessary for the functioning of the Site: they are essential to your browsing on our Site. They allow you to maintain your connection and to secure it. Thanks to them, you can, for example, access your customer area or ensure the preservation of items in your basket. These cookies may use identifiers or Personal Information that you have previously provided us with. Without these cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of our Site. We therefore advise you against deleting them. If you still want to delete them, simply follow the procedure described below. We retain these cookies for the duration of the session.
- Feature cookies: they are intended to ensure a smooth and personalized browsing on our Site. They are not essential but allow to optimize the functioning of our Site, in particular the display of the pages according to your preferences or your connectivity. If you do not judge these cookies useful, you can delete them using the procedure described below. We retain these cookies for a 13-months period.
- Analytic cookies: they allow us to know the performance and use of our Site. These cookies aim to improve the interest and the quality of our services by having access to statistics relating to the volumes of users and the use of our Site. They also aim to detect navigation problems that may arise and improve the performance and functionality of our Site. These cookies collect information about the pages you visit, including the number of pages viewed, the date and time, the number of visits, your activity on our Site, your return frequency and in some cases, your IP address. They only process data relating to your browsing on our Site, which can be read during one of your subsequent visits. If you do not wish to participate in the improvement of our services, you can delete these cookies using the procedure described below. We retain these cookies for a 13-months period.
To set your privacy settings on your mobile phone:
Sharing and transfer of Personal Information
We work closely with third parties to bring you our services. In that regard, we may share information when another company is involved so that company can perform its functions. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Internal Recipients in the Company: our customer services and logistics offices, our financial, legal and marketing departments, the sales departments of our subsidiaries and the legal and internal control functions of our parent company.
- Third-party recipients:
- inspectors and people involved in the maintenance of technical facilities;
- call centers;
- event, communication, advertising, marketing providers;
- printers, document management companies, paper or online archiving companies;
- research or statistical analysis companies;
- third-party application maintenance, software service and hosting providers;
- in case of litigation: investigators, legal advisers, bailiffs, lawyers, notaries and litigants.
We do not sell Personal Information about you to third parties except with your express consent. We may transfer your Personal Information to the United Kingdom for one of the purposes listed above.
Duration of retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for the time necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. In any case, these data are destroyed or anonymized once the said purposes have been achieved.
We may direct additional communications, including e-mail, to registered customers that we deem may be of interest to them. To be removed from future Mercer Tool e-mail campaigns (“opt out” request) you can access and update your information on our Site, or notify us at email@example.com
Links to Other Sites
We implement technical and organizational measures adapted to the degree of sensitivity of your Personal Information. We protect them against malicious intrusion, loss, alteration or disclosure to third parties or unauthorized persons.
While we make reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
We take measures to limit intrusive actions and malicious acts. In case of violation of your Personal Information, we notify the competent supervisory authority as soon as possible, and if possible 72 hours at the latest after having known about it. When such a violation is likely to create a high risk for your rights and freedoms, we will inform you of the said violation as soon as possible.
Lost or Stolen Information
You must promptly notify us if your user name or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will note that you have canceled your user name or password in our system and will update our records accordingly.
How to Limit the Use of your Information
We give users the opportunity to “opt out” of having their information used for purposes not directly related to warranty service at the point where we ask for the information. If you prefer to “opt out” and not have us send you material we think may be of interest to you, such as product information, product samples, and promotional mailings/e-mails from us and sites and companies we own, then you can notify us in one of the following two ways:
1. Writing us at:
Mercer Tool Corp.
1860 Smithtown Ave.
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779 USA
2. E-mailing us at: (please include your mailing address).
Your instructions to limit the use of your information will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable. You may also “opt out” by accessing and updating your information on our Site.
With respect to the processing of your Personal Information, you benefit from several rights in accordance with the applicable regulations:
- to access to your Personal Information;
- to correct your existing Personal Information;
- to delete your Personal Information, if this is not in conflict with other regulatory or contractual requirements;
- to obtain the portability of your Personal Information;
- to oppose to the processing of your Personal Information;
- to limit the processing of your Personal Information;
- to withdraw your consent, if applicable;
- to lodge of a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
This can be done by sending an e-mail with your request to Additionally, you may access and update your information on our Site.
Your Consent and Changes to This Policy
Disclosure Required by Law